Restaurant’s second airport location opens to travelers on March 3, offering Asian-inspired signature entrées, a full bar and breakfast.News Releases
Scottsdale, Ariz. (March 3, 2015) – Detroit residents and those traveling through the Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) have a fresh option for made-to-order Asian fare as P.F. Chang’s prepares to open its doors today. The location will be the second airport site for the popular Asian chain, following the successful launch of the first at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in August 2013 with Hojeij Branded Foods.
“We’re proud to bring P.F. Chang’s unique, Asian-inspired experience to the Detroit Metropolitan Airport,” said Mike Welborn, President of Global Brand Development. “We look forward to welcoming guests ready to enjoy a culinary journey as they travel with our fresh menu, robust flavors and signature service.”
The new P.F. Chang’s location in DTW was awarded to HBF APU JV, LLC, a joint venture between Hojeij Branded Foods and its local Detroit partner, AP United, in March 2014 by the Wayne County Airport Authority.
The Detroit Metropolitan Airport menu includes classic P.F. Chang’s favorites such as:
- Chang’s Famous Chicken Lettuce Wraps — Consistently P.F. Chang’s most popular dish worldwide, this signature appetizer features wok-seared chicken, mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts served over crispy rice sticks with cool, crisp lettuce cups.
- Mongolian Beef — Another best-selling dish, P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef is a savory entrée with a sweet, soy-glazed flank steak wok-seared with scallions and garlic.
- Dynamite Shrimp — P.F. Chang’s presents a spicy take on seafood with its Dynamite Shrimp, featuring tempura-battered shrimp tossed in a light, spicy Sriracha aioli.
- Walnut Shrimp with Melon — For a milder shrimp option, P.F. Chang’s offers Walnut Shrimp with Melon, highlighting tender shrimp tossed in a creamy sauce with candied walnuts and honeydew melon.
- Oolong Chilean Sea Bass — For more from the sea, P.F. Chang’s also serves an Asian take on sea bass with a line-caught, tea-marinated filet broiled in sweet ginger-soy over warm spinach.
In all, the menu offers 35 starters, soups, salads, entrées, sides and desserts as well as 10 gluten-free dishes.
In addition to the robust food menu, the Detroit Metropolitan Airport P.F. Chang’s offers an array of wine, beer and handcrafted cocktails for airport guests, including:
- Asian Mary — Absolut Peppar Vodka mixed with a blend of spices and tomato juice
- Coconut Mojito — Cruzan Coconut Rum muddled with fresh mint, coconut cream and lime juice
- Rock Melon Margarita — 1800 Reposado Tequila, sour mix, orange juice and a hint of Rock Melon syrup
Unique to the its two airport locations, P.F. Chang’s will also offer breakfast for morning travelers, featuring a mix of traditional selections and Asian-inspired choices:
- Breakfast Fried Rice — Chicken apple sausage, julienned carrots, bean sprouts and scallions, tossed in savory sauce, topped with a sunny-side egg.
- Classic Bacon & Eggs — Two eggs served with bacon or chicken apple sausage, a toasted bagel and a side of mixed fruit or home fries drizzled with P.F. Chang’s signature spicy sauce.
- Apple Smoothie — Greek yogurt blended with fresh Granny Smith apples, honey and orange juice, finished with a swirl of honey.
The new location is conveniently located in the center of the McNamara Terminal, across from Gate 38. At 4,684 square feet, the restaurant can seat 166 guests. Entrées are priced between $14.25 and $27.50, and with 18 wines by the glass along with a full bar, guests will find options for any taste or thirst.
P.F. Chang’s will be open from 6:30 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. daily. For more information, visit pfchangs.com or call the restaurant directly at 734-941-1101.
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro®, Inc.
P.F. Chang’s, owned and operated by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Inc., features a blend of high-quality, Asian-inspired cuisine and American hospitality in a sophisticated, contemporary setting. The restaurant provides an innovative made-to-order menu and attentive approach to service. With more than 265 restaurants around the world, P.F. Chang's has extended to international markets, airports and retail products which are operated under licensing agreements. For more information on P.F. Chang’s, please visit the website at www.pfchangs.com.
HBF APU JV, LLC
HBF APU is a joint venture between Hojeij Branded Foods, an Atlanta-based company operating over 68 restaurants and bars in 11 of the top 26 airports around the country over the past 22 years. AP United is local Detroit-based company that currently operates six retail stores in the North and McNamara terminals. For more information, please visit the website at www.hbfairports.com.